Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Hey TCM!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Didja see her...?
    Scarlett

    If they can manage to leave what they have done as-is, I can do a little painting and make, quite possibly, the first really great Scarlett ever...O_O

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *casts Bump of Boredom*

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    nice!
    as is Grunt. (I assume that's him)

    I'm just getting back into collecting Joes again.
    got a LONG way to go...
    I think I have 6 or 7 now... [img]tongue.gif[/img]


    what are yer thoughts on that new Baroness?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Peter Peeker:
    what are yer thoughts on that new Baroness?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">She's decent. Not the best. Glasses are a bit thick, but its a good representation of how she originally looked in the comic they come with. I actually have that set already, CC is probably the pick of that litter with Baroness a close, close second. She is easily the best of their remakes yet, primarily because they got the body to head scale quite a lot better than most any of the females yet released.

    I am INCREDIBLY stoked to have that Kwinn figure, though. I used to read the book religiously, and the events concerning Kwinn inthe earliest issues really colored the entire run, despite the fact that *SPOILERS*
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    ...he died a few issues later. Still, a very cool character.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    that Commander is a kickass fig.
    he's what got me started again, actually.
    I snagged the Snake-Eyes/Storm Shadow pack a while ago.
    pretty sweet, but I still think the 1st SS was the best they've done of him.

    matter of fact, I think I'll stroll over to smalljoes.com, and have a look around...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...first SS is far and away the best, IMO. Really, a lot of them are that way...the original Baroness is stillt he best version of her, too.

    I am actually far more into the old figs and their new repaints than the new stuff, in any case. Will have to get that Cobra Ninja pack...

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner TCM Hitchhiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    9,480
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Yeah man, that Scarlett is easily the best one yet. I really like the head sculpt. I agree that the colors are a bit off, and she could use a repaint. I think the best thing to do would be to just transfer the new head onto the vintage body. The originals head scult was horrid.

    And yeah Peeker, I agree with you on Storm Shadow, the original version is the only version of him I have ever liked!

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ July 29, 2004 02:50 PM: Message edited by: TCM Hitchhiker ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...the original head would not have been so bad had it not been...you know...fucking ENORMOUS.

    Actually, all the first series heads were pretty awful with the exception of Snake-Eyes, don't you think?

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner TCM Hitchhiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    9,480
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Yeah, for the most part, they were pretty bad, but Scarlett's had to be the worst. I liked Clutch & Breaker's head sculpts, and some of the others weren't too bad. Snake Eyes was definitely the best, no doubt.

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ July 29, 2004 03:02 PM: Message edited by: TCM Hitchhiker ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...but I have to say...Scarlett's enormous noggin' was better than Lady Jay's fugly head or the fat-faced Zarana... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •